The Jewel of Kashmir is a true antique cushion cut sapphire of Royal Blue Kashmir color weighing 10.88 carats. Custom set in a platinum mounting accented by a pair of equally exquisite antique cushion cut diamonds weighing 2.02 carats (G / VS1) and 2.01 carats (G / VVS2).
The ring is accompanied by a 3 appendix of note:
1) a hardcover book sanctioned and authored by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), uniquely noting this specific Kashmir's paramount significance within the genealogy of ultra-rare gemstones.
2) a hardcover book sanctioned and authored and signed by Christopher P. Smith of American Gem Laboratories (AGL), stating the "exponential exclusively of natural Kashmir sapphires over 10 carats in weight" certification No. 1084367
3.) a certification from Gem Research SwissLab (GRS) designating the sapphire a "Natural Sapphire" of Kashmir Origin with "No Indication of thermal treatment" with a "vivid blue (type 'Royal Blue')" color. certification No. GRS2012-021534 (Award No. 764)
Where shall we look for an apt analogy for the Jewel of Kashmir, to the sky or sea? With it's celestial glow and ultramarine hue, we could liken it to the heavenly bodies or to the oceanic depths with equal fairness. It is a truly remarkable gem, all the more magical because it has been plucked from atop the high peaks of the Himalayas of Kashmir. Requiring only polishing to bring forth its perfection, then delivered in a regal and sparkling setting, the Jewel of Kashmir definitely answers our question of what constitutes a fine and important gem.
- Primary Stone Cut: Antique Cushion Cut Kashmir Sapphire
- Primary Stone Carat Weight: 10.88ct
- Additional Stones: Antique Cushion Cut Diamonds
- Mounting Metal: Platinum
- Certification: GIA
- SCL SKU: N/A
- Alternate SKU: 3013316